Whaley out indefinitely with torn cartilage
Jazz vice president of basketball operations Kevin O'Connor said the team learned Wednesday afternoon that Whaley's medial meniscus was torn and would need surgery. No date had been set for the operation.
Whaley was still on the active roster Wednesday night when the Jazz hosted Seattle because all three of Utah's inactive spots were already filled by Carlos Boozer (hamstring), Matt Harpring (knee) and C.J. Miles (development league).
Gordan Giricek also didn't dress for the Jazz on Wednesday night because of a sore Achilles' tendon.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Short-handed Spurs slip past Curry, Warriors
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs Utah Jazz Court Sign