Raptors fire director of player personnel Pete Babcock
TORONTO -- The Toronto Raptors fired director of player personnel Pete Babcock on Friday, one day after firing his brother and general manager, Rob.
Pete Babcock spent 13 years as the Atlanta Hawks' GM before getting fired in 2003. The Raptors also fired Scott Howard, who was the director of international player personnel.
The team fired Rob Babcock on Thursday, a year and a half after hiring him.
Rob Babcock made several questionable moves during his brief tenure, including receiving little in return when he traded All-Star Vince Carter to the New Jersey Nets last season. His first round draft pick in the 2004 draft -- center Rafael Araujo -- has been a bust.
Wayne Embry replaced Rob Babcock on an interim basis.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Jordan rules: 'Cool' with No. 23 for LeBron
- Poll: LeBron's reputation near pre-Decision level
- Scott not wasting time: Lakers must play D
- Noah: Bulls can defeat 'big obstacle' LeBron
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Toronto Raptors 60'' 3-Shade Billiard Lamp