Iverson out against New York with sprained ankle
Iverson, second in the NBA in scoring at 33.6 points per game, was injured in the fourth quarter Thursday against Orlando. Iverson slid across the baseline and his left foot jammed into a stationary Dwight Howard. Iverson immediately grimaced in pain, hobbled down the line and around the right side of the court all the way to the bench.
Iverson is day-to-day and might not make the trip to Orlando for Sunday's game.
"Allen is one of the few guys that can tolerate a lot of pain," 76ers coach Maurice Cheeks said. "If Allen can't play, you know he's really, really hurt."
Kevin Ollie started for Iverson.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Jackson to Knicks by end of week
- Bynum to make Pacers debut against Celtics
- 76ers lose 17th straight at hands of Knicks
- Heat seal playoff spot behind Wade, LeBron
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Philadelphia 76ers Michael Carter-Williams #1 Replica Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index