Minny reassigns Wright to development league
Wright began the season with the Flame and was recalled on Jan. 10. He made his debut on Jan. 24 and averaged 3.0 points and 4.0 minutes in two appearances.
Last week's seven-player trade with the Boston Celtics brought the Timberwolves yet another point guard in Marcus Banks, who had an impressive debut on Monday night against his former team with 20 points and six assists.
Though Wright played shooting guard in college at Indiana, the Wolves see him as a point guard in the NBA. But with Banks, Marko Jaric, Troy Hudson and Anthony Carter already on the roster, there was no room for Wright.
Coach Dwane Casey elected to send their second-round draft pick to the NBDL to get more playing time. He has averaged 21.1 points and 3.9 rebounds in 16 games for the Flame this season.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Lopez has broken bone in foot, out for Nets
- Thunder tame Spurs, take home 9th in row
- Noah regretful but calls Perkins 'angry dude'
- Buzzworthy: Charlotte unveils Hornets logo
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Minnesota Timberwolves Authentic On-Court Black Snapback Hat