Suns waive swingman Jackson
Jackson also brought a veteran presence to a young but talented team that won a league-high 62 games and reached the conference finals, where it lost to eventual NBA champion San Antonio.
His minutes were cut drastically this year when the club added James Jones and Eddie House, who are averaging a combined 20.6 points and 42.9 minutes. The 6-foot-6, 220-pound Jackson played in 27 games this year, averaging 3.7 points and 2.4 rebounds in 15.6 minutes. His last appearance was Jan. 4 against Philadelphia.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Thunder handle Grizzlies to win at home
- Well off pace: Hawks hammer No. 1 Indiana
- Warriors sink Clippers for Game 1 road win
- Nets claim opener as D-Will has 24
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Phoenix Suns Purple Go-To Tee