Elbow sprain could end Hawks G Stoudamire's year
ATLANTA -- Hawks rookie guard Salim Stoudamire could miss the rest of the season after injuring his elbow against Orlando last weekend.
An MRI showed a significant sprain to the ulnar collateral ligament, and team physician Michael Bernot recommended a second opinion from a specialist to determine the best course of treatment, the Hawks said Wednesday.
Stoudamire, one of the team's top 3-point shooters, has averaged 9.7 points and 1.2 assists in 20.3 minutes.
Atlanta also announced that rookie forward Marvin Williams is back with the team after missing a loss Monday at Detroit to visit his sick grandfather in North Carolina.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Phil signs on as Knicks president
- Nuggets hand Heat 5th loss in last 6 games
- 76ers drop 19th straight, on cusp of record
- Clips lean on defense to stretch streak to 10
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Women's Atlanta Hawks Courtside Tri-Blend Red Full-Zip Hoodie