Green returns to Sixers after aborted summer deal
Green, who averaged 7.7 points playing sporadically under former coach Jim O'Brien last season, is expected to get additional playing time under Maurice Cheeks.
He'll add backcourt depth for the 76ers, who had been starting journeyman Kevin Ollie alongside Allen Iverson. Green thrived as a sub whenever Iverson was injured last season, including 32 points against Washington.
Green originally agreed to a six-year deal last summer, then was hurt in a pickup game before he signed the contract. Green had knee surgery in August and has been rehabilitating since, occasionally working out with the 76ers.
The 6-foot-4 guard averaged 7.3 points in 110 career games. He was drafted in the second round in 2003 by Seattle and acquired by Philadelphia in a draft-night trade.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron to go back to No. 23 for Cavs return
- Sources: Scott, Lakers agree to 4-year deal
- Noah: Bulls can defeat 'big obstacle' LeBron
- Love out for Team USA amid uncertain status
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Philadelphia 76ers Michael Carter-Williams #1 Replica Revolution 30 Basketball Jersey