Green returns to Sixers after aborted summer deal
Green, who averaged 7.7 points playing sporadically under former coach Jim O'Brien last season, is expected to get additional playing time under Maurice Cheeks.
He'll add backcourt depth for the 76ers, who had been starting journeyman Kevin Ollie alongside Allen Iverson. Green thrived as a sub whenever Iverson was injured last season, including 32 points against Washington.
Green originally agreed to a six-year deal last summer, then was hurt in a pickup game before he signed the contract. Green had knee surgery in August and has been rehabilitating since, occasionally working out with the 76ers.
The 6-foot-4 guard averaged 7.3 points in 110 career games. He was drafted in the second round in 2003 by Seattle and acquired by Philadelphia in a draft-night trade.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Anthony confirms new contract with Knicks
- Sources: Deng joins Heat for 2 years, $20M
- Parsons to join Mavs as Rockets won't match
- Bosh: 'No bitter feelings' on LeBron leaving
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Party Animal Philadelphia 76ers Applique Banner Flag