Free agent Griffin signs contract to return to Bulls
The deal was announced Monday, but terms of the contract were not disclosed.
The 6-foot-5 Griffin scored 4.6 points per game for the Mavericks, who reached the NBA Finals last season. He made 45 starts in 52 appearances.
During the 2004-05 season, Griffin averaged 2.2 points and 2.1 rebounds for the Bulls in 69 games.
"We are extremely pleased to have Adrian back," Bulls general manager John Paxson said. "We missed his presence last season and it will be great to have him on board with us again."
The 32-year-old has appeared in 388 NBA games, with career averages of 4.4 points and 3.5 rebounds per game. He has also played for Boston and Houston.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.