Mavericks sign four free agents, including Ebi
The others include undrafted guards Jose Barea and Darius Washington, and forward Pat Carroll.
The 6-foot-9, 200-pound Ebi was a first-round pick in the 2003 draft by the Minnesota Timberwolves. A forward, he played 16 games for the Fort Worth Flyers of the NBDL last season.
Barea, who wasn't drafted coming out of Northeastern, ranked 18th in the nation in scoring (21.0) and second in assists (8.3). He played for the Mavericks summer league team in Utah, averaging 12 points and 6.7 assists over three games.
Washington, who left Memphis after his sophomore season but wasn't drafted, averaged 10.4 points and 2.4 assists over five games for Dallas in the Utah league.
Carroll played in Italy last season and was on Houston's summer team in Las Vegas. He was the Atlantic 10 co-player of the year in 2005, while at St. Joseph's.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Silent LeBron flies back to Miami
- Phil hasn't heard from Melo, still confident
- Judge recesses Sterling case for two weeks
- Doc: Clips got right pieces in Hawes, Farmar
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Dallas Mavericks Authentic On-Court Navy Snapback Hat