Collapsing basket bruises Bobcats coach Capel's arm
WILMINGTON, N.C. -- A basket collapsed during Charlotte Bobcats training camp Wednesday, leaving assistant coach Jeff Capel with a bruised right arm.
Capel said he was standing with Sean May when rookie Ryan Hollins dunked during a drill in Trask Coliseum at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. The dunk caused the collapsable basket support to come down, interrupting practice for about five minutes.
The team reset the basket and resumed practice, with Capel sporting an ice bag around his right forearm.
"I put my arm to hold it up and it was a little too heavy," Capel said with a laugh. "It was that or my head."
Capel's son, Jeff Capel III, played basketball at Duke and now coaches at Oklahoma.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron plays against Pacers despite ankle
- Knicks' Chandler will return, start vs. Bucks
- Sources: Lakers no longer shopping Gasol
- Davis (broken hand) back in Pelicans' lineup
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Charlotte Bobcats CLIMALITE Practice Navy T-Shirt