Magic's Turkoglu sidelined with mystery illness
Magic small forward Hedo Turkoglu has a mystery illness and will miss the team's preseason opener Tuesday night.
Turkoglu has experienced flu-like symptons, including violent chills, dating back to last year. He has suffered two bouts in training camp and will undergo tests to try to find the root of the problem.
"I'm going to get some blood tests, and I have to rest three days and then get some urine tests," Turkoglu told reporters. "I'm just curious why it's happening."
Turkoglu averaged a career-best 14.9 points and 2.8 assists in 78 games last season for the Magic in his second season in Orlando. Turkoglu also has played for Sacramento and San Antonio in his six-year career.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Report: Biceps injury to sideline Cavs' Irving
- Warriors edge Blazers on Thompson's late 3
- Davis' 40 points, 21 boards power Pelicans
- Clips down Cavs for 11th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Orlando Magic Desktop Photo Mint