Hawks' Wright, Grizzlies' Ffriend suspended one game
NEW YORK -- Atlanta Hawks forward Lorenzen Wright and Memphis Grizzlies forward Kimani Ffriend were each suspended Friday for a game after both players threw a punch during a shoving match earlier this week.
Wright and Ffriend were both ejected from Wednesday night's preseason game in the third quarter after they got into a fight under the Grizzlies' basket.
Each player will serve his suspension during the first regular-season game he is available to play. Ffriend, who was waived on Friday by Memphis, will serve the suspension if he returns to the NBA on an active regular-season roster.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron to go back to No. 23 for Cavs return
- Sources: Scott, Lakers agree to 4-year deal
- Noah: Bulls can defeat 'big obstacle' LeBron
- Love out for Team USA amid uncertain status
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Atlanta Hawks Washed Slouch Navy Adjustable Hat