Wright expected to miss 3 weeks with ankle injury
The third-year forward has a sprained left ankle and is expected to miss three weeks, the team said Wednesday.
Wright is expected to spend one week in a cast and the following two weeks rehabbing.
Wright said he wasn't sure when the injury occurred but noticed the ankle started swelling about three hours after the Heat beat the New Orleans Hornets 109-105 in an exhibition game Tuesday night. Wright started that game and finished with 13 points and 10 rebounds, earning praise from coach Pat Riley.
The Heat have four preseason games left before opening the regular season at home against Chicago on Oct. 31.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Love trade talks narrowed to Cavs
- Riley says Heat OK after LeBron's departure
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Stern praises Silver for handling of Sterling
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Miami Heat Cross-Body Black Sheen Purse