Nuggets' Anthony misses game with infected tooth
Anthony was recovering from the removal of an infected wisdom tooth, the Denver Post reported. Anthony had the tooth pulled Monday in Denver. He was expected to meet the team in Milwaukee on Thursday, but it was uncertain whether he would practice.
"He could've flown here, but I guess he has a root canal where he has a dry socket where sometimes flying and exercising he has to be careful with," coach George Karl told the newspaper.
Linas Kleiza started at small forward in Anthony's place, collecting 10 points and six rebounds.
Anthony is averaging 23 points per game.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Vogel 'coaching for job' with Pacers
- Jackson: Dolan loyal to promise of autonomy
- Jackson: Knicks' coach search beyond Kerr
- Suns' Dragic is NBA's most improved player
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's New York Knicks Carmelo Anthony Replica Revolution 30 Royal Basketball Jersey