Infected finger to sideline Celtics' Pierce for two games
Pierce, who averaged 26.8 points last season, returned to Boston on Tuesday and was treated with antibiotics at a Massachusetts hospital, coach Doc Rivers said before the Celtics were to play the Nets in New Jersey.
Pierce was to return to the hospital for further treatment on Wednesday, Rivers said.
The Celtics play their final preseason game at home Wednesday night against Toronto.
Rivers said Pierce's infection developed from a recent paper cut.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Durant lauds LeBron's move, unsure of own
- Boeheim calls Rose 'most impressive' player
- Lakers greats hail 'right guy' Scott as coach
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Boston Celtics On-Court White Jacket