Celtics pick up Allen option, waive Grant, Jackson
The 6-foot-4 Allen, the team's third choice in the first round of the 2004 draft, 25th overall, appeared in 51 games and averaged 7.2 points last season. The team did not disclose terms of the deal.
Jackson, acquired from Cleveland on Oct. 13 in exchange for forward Dwayne Jones, appeared in four preseason games and averaged 2.8 points.
Grant, a 12-year NBA veteran who has played for Sacramento, Portland, Miami, the Los Angeles Lakers and Phoenix, was acquired in a draft-night deal but was not expected to play for the Celtics and did not attend training camp or appear in a preseason game.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Nets' Garnett taking rest day Friday at Philly
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Boston Celtics 3-Stripe Kelly Green Track Pants