Yao leaves game with sprained right ankle
The All-Star said the injury was minor, and he sat only as a precaution.
"It's not a big problem," Yao said. "If we had practice tomorrow I could do it."
Yao had 13 points and four rebounds when he was injured. He left in the second quarter, after scoring 11 points during a 15-4 run that helped Houston build a 49-46 halftime lead.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe: Debut not really as 'bad as I thought'
- Cousins powers Kings to win over Mavericks
- Kings get 'proven scorer' Gay from Raptors
- Griffin leads short-handed Clips by Sixers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Houston Rockets Basketball Mat