Report: Knicks' Jeffries has wrist surgery
The New York Times reported that Jeffries had surgery on his broken left wrist on Tuesday and will miss more time than originally expected.
"Any time you have a player out, I always think the worst anyway," Coach Isiah Thomas said. "Our team is prepared to play for a long stretch without him."
The forward broke the wrist two weeks ago, and the team said at that time that he would miss six to eight weeks. The new timetable calls for him to miss six to eight weeks from the time of Tuesday's surgery.
Jeffries was signed away from the Washington Wizards this offseason for five years and $30 million.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Heat post season-high 122 in rout of Kings
- Kobe-less Lakers push past Love, Wolves
- D'Antoni: Lakers can make playoffs, need luck
- Pacers crush Rockets to snap 2-game slide
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Tervis New York Knicks 24 oz Logo Tumbler