Vin diesels out of Minnesota as Wolves release Baker
The 14-year veteran, a former All-Star whose career was derailed by alcoholism and problems with depression, did not play in any of Minnesota's first six games. The 6-foot-11 forward made the team after signing a nonguaranteed contract in training camp.
Baker has averaged 15 points and 7.4 rebounds in 791 NBA games with the Clippers, Rockets, Knicks, Celtics, SuperSonics and Bucks. He said in camp last month he felt great, having trimmed down to 250 pounds after once weighing close to 300 pounds.
The move reduced the Timberwolves' roster to 14 players, with one spot open.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Heat erase 2nd-half deficit, take down Pacers
- Sources: Lakers no longer shopping Gasol
- Clips overwhelm Pelicans in Davis' return
- Knicks outlast NBA-worst Bucks in double OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- McFarlane Kevin Love Minnesota Timberwolves Action Figure