Knee surgery to sideline Blazers' Miles for season
An arthroscopic procedure uncovered the need for additional surgery.
Miles was unable to work out this summer and did not play in the preseason because of the persistent knee problem, which required surgery last December.
He averaged a career-high 14 points last season, his sixth in the league, but missed 34 games because of the injury.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Durant sprains ankle in career-best first half
- It's official: Celtics ship Rondo to Mavericks
- Curry rallies Warriors to win over Thunder
- Carmelo sits, has been advised to rest more
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- KD's Night Cut Short In Loss
- KD hurts ankle