Knee surgery to sideline Blazers' Miles for season
An arthroscopic procedure uncovered the need for additional surgery.
Miles was unable to work out this summer and did not play in the preseason because of the persistent knee problem, which required surgery last December.
He averaged a career-high 14 points last season, his sixth in the league, but missed 34 games because of the injury.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Riley says Heat OK after LeBron's departure
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Stern praises Silver for handling of Sterling
- Rose 'on a mission' in return, Calipari says
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Women's Portland Trail Blazers Red Hoodie