Bobcats add veteran swingman Anderson
"That versatility was definitely a factor so he can spell the guys at the point and also do some scoring," Bobcats coach and general manager Bernie Bickerstaff said. "He can take some pressure off our young wings."
Charlotte will be the seventh team for the 32-year-old Anderson, who was selected 13th overall by Cleveland in the 1997 draft. The former Kentucky star averaged 8.1 points with Houston and Miami last season, but wasn't re-signed by the Heat.
"This was a better situation than the other offers I had," Anderson said. "I wanted to find the best fit for me. It's a matter of using my skills to help the team out."
The Bobcats created a roster spot for Anderson on Monday when they waived guard Alan Anderson.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- MJ's 'flu game' shoes shatter auction record
- Doc wins in return as Clippers top Celtics
- Knicks blow 23-point lead but pull out win
- Melo: Woodson 'can't worry about' status
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Charlotte Bobcats Carolina Blue Basic Knit Hat