Airline doesn't want to condone brawl, pulls feature
DETROIT -- Northwest Airlines has pulled an in-flight magazine that features NBA scoring leader Carmelo Anthony on the cover.
Anthony was featured on the cover of the December issue of Northwest's WorldTraveler magazine.
The Detroit News reported that Northwest pulled hundreds of thousands of issues of the magazine out of its planes worldwide.
A Northwest spokesman said the airline didn't want to appear to condone the behavior of Anthony and other players during Saturday's game.
Northwest plans to replace the magazine with its January issue of WorldTraveler.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Butler pushes Bulls past Pelicans to 6th in row
- KG pulls a Stephenson, blows in West's ear
- Hawks drop Bucks to split home-and-home
- Lowry, Raptors snap Clips' home win streak
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
GARDEN FIGHT FALLOUT
• Hill: Don't blame 'thugs' for fight
• Bucher: Melo walking dangerous line again
• Sheridan: Not so Stern penalty for Thomas
• Stein: Answering brawl questions
• Stein Blog: Way too easy on Isiah
• Sheridan: NBA to use experience to rule
• Stein Blog: Nuggets' Iverson plan
• Melo won't appeal, will serve suspension
• Northwest pulls mag featuring Anthony
• Karl calls Isiah 'a jerk'
• League looking into roles of Isiah, players
• Carmelo Anthony apologizes
• Notable brawls in NBA history
• Knicks' loss to Nuggets turns into free-for-all
• Allen Houston not surprised by penalties.
• Dan Patrick Show: Union president Billy Hunter discusses punishments.
• Karl blasts Isiah
• Daily Dish: Sheridan, Ford discuss brawl
• Reggie Miller: Isiah and Karl deserve suspensions
• Stephen A. Smith's take
• Karl says Isiah's actions 'despicable'
• Isiah issued warning before brawl
• Players fight at Madison Square Garden
• Sheridan analyzes brawl
• Stephen A. breaks down brawl
• Isiah Thomas discusses battle
• Nuggets react to situation
• Kiki Vandeweghe's take
• What do you think of the punishment?