Celtics add Pierce to growing injury list
Pierce has a stress reaction, a swelling of the bone and the soft tissue surrounding it, team spokesman Jeff Twiss said Thursday. Pierce will miss Friday night's game against Philadelphia and the five-game trip that starts Tuesday in Denver.
"I'm not sure if he's going to accompany the team, but he will not play on the road trip," Twiss said.
Pierce said his foot started hurting after Saturday's game in Charlotte. He felt pain again after Wednesday night's 96-95 loss to Golden State in which he scored 27 points and had an MRI on Thursday morning.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Love out for Team USA amid uncertain status
- Sources: Lakers offer coaching job to Scott
- Melo: It was 'always Chicago or New York'
- Report: NBA considering 7-day All-Star break
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Boston Celtics Primary Logo Kelly Green Long Sleeve Shirt