NBA suspends Bell for kicking Bargnani
The incident occurred in the third quarter of a game in Toronto on Wednesday night.
Bell, in his second year with Phoenix and his seventh in the NBA, is averaging a career-high 15.2 points. He's fifth in the league with 2.7 3-pointers per game.
Bell served the suspension Friday night when the Suns faced the Miami Heat.
Phoenix coach Mike D'Antoni said he understands the suspension but believes Bell's contention that he did nothing intentionally.
"I feel sorry for him. That's the biggest thing," D'Antoni said. "He feels bad about it, and he really didn't think he did anything.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Aldridge's 46 lead Blazers by Rockets in OT
- Heat use late charge, top Bobcats in Game 1
- Nene, Wiz rally past Bulls for Game 1 victory
- Duncan, Spurs rally past Mavs in Game 1
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Phoenix Suns US Airways Center Signature Stadium Photo