Iverson fined $25,000 for postgame rant against Javie
NEW YORK -- Allen Iverson was fined $25,000 by the NBA on Friday for his remarks about referee Steve Javie after Denver's loss Tuesday to Philadelphia.
Iverson was ejected late in that game, his first against his former team, after picking up his second technical foul with 1:44 remaining. The NBA penalized Iverson for "verbal abuse of a game official" and for postgame criticism of an official.
Iverson was critical of Javie's officiating after the game.
"I thought I got fouled on that play, and I said I thought that he was calling the game personal, and he threw me out," Iverson said. "His fuse is real short anyway, and I should have known that I couldn't say anything anyway. It's been something personal with me and him since I got in the league. This was just the perfect game for him to try and make me look bad."
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Pacers shake early deficit to turn down Heat
- Kobe leads Lakers with 20, but Suns hold on
- Williams returns, powers Nets past Celtics
- Clippers sign veteran F Jackson to contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Denver Nuggets Kenneth Faried #35 Blue Gametime T-Shirt