With buyout completed, Sixers waive Webber
The Sixers completed the paperwork to buy out the remaining 1½ seasons on Webber's contract Wednesday, ending two disappointing years in Philadelphia. Once he clears waivers after 48 business hours, teams will be eligible to sign him.
Webber missed 11 of the last 14 games, officially with foot and ankle injuries. He was due nearly $21 million this season and $22 million next season.
Webber, the No. 1 overall pick in the 1993 draft, averaged 11 points and 8.3 rebounds in 18 games this season. He has career averages of 21.4 points and 10 rebounds.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Vogel 'coaching for job' with Pacers
- Jackson: Dolan loyal to promise of autonomy
- Jackson: Knicks' coach search beyond Kerr
- Suns' Dragic is NBA's most improved player
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Philadelphia 76ers Michael Carter-Williams #1 Replica Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey