Clippers sign ex-Raptor G Williams to 10-day contract
Williams, an eight-year NBA veteran who played with Portland and Toronto, has averaged 9.1 points and 4.1 assists in 458 career regular-season games.
He did well in Toronto until injuries sidelined him. He averaged a career-high 13.2 points in the 2002-03 season, and is also the Raptors' all-time assists leader with 1,791 and holds the team's longest consecutive games streak.
Williams missed the 2004-05 season while recovering from knee surgery and was released on July 25, 2006.
Williams was selected by Portland in the second round of the 1997 NBA draft with the 48th overall selection. Williams joined Toronto in a trade midway through the 1997-98 season.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Sources: Rockets can't make Asik deal now
- LeBron atop newest list of NBA jersey sales
- Heat erase 2nd-half deficit, take down Pacers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Los Angeles Clippers Blake Griffin NBA Bracelet