Mavs' Buckner sits out against Hawks with sore knee
An MRI on Buckner's knee was negative after he injured the knee on Saturday night against the Denver Nuggets, but he was too sore to play against the Hawks.
"We'll re-evaluate him tomorrow," Dallas coach Avery Johnson said. "You know he's really hurting if he can't go."
Buckner is one of Dallas' top defensive players and averages 4.4 points and 2.1 rebounds per game.
Devin Harris started in Buckner's place, with sixth man Jerry Stackhouse also getting more playing time.
Also out for the Mavericks was swingman Devean George, recovering from a sprained ligament in his right knee.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.