Mavericks to sign Kevin Willis, pending physical
Dallas coach Avery Johnson said Friday the 7-foot Willis would be signed to give the team another big man for the postseason.
"He'll be around our big guys at practice to bang on them," Johnson said. "Hopefully we can get him in good enough shape to play in an emergency and maybe give us a couple of fouls."
Willis is a veteran of 20 NBA seasons and played in 29 games for the Atlanta Hawks in 2004-05. He was not on an NBA roster last season.
Willis has averaged 12.2 points and 8.4 rebounds during his career, and he would be the oldest active player in the league if signed.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Durant's 42 help OKC secure second seed
- Griz seize No. 7 slot from Mavs with OT win
- Thompson likens Griffin to 'bull in china shop'
- Bucks announce sale of team, won't move
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Dallas Mavericks Washed Slouch Navy Adjustable Hat