Broken hand could force Butler out of lineup for year
Butler scored 19 points before he broke his right hand Sunday midway through the third quarter during the Wizards' game against the Milwaukee Bucks.
"Second round, third round, a possibility," Butler said after the game. "But right now, I probably won't have a jersey on until next year."
Butler said that the accident happened when he went up to challenge a shot by Ruben Patterson and his right hand hit the backboard. He was playing in his third game back since missing six with a left knee contusion.
"My hand caught under the rim, and it popped out of place," Butler said.
"I see a hand specialist tomorrow," Butler said. "Hopefully, I'll get the opportunity to come back as soon as possible."
He entered the game averaging 19.1 points and 7.5 rebounds.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Gasol, Griz overcome Spurs in 3OT thriller
- Sources: Celtics, Mavs talking Rondo trade
- Hawks send Cavaliers to 'embarrassing' loss
- Harden plays spoiler in overtime at Denver
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Starring Woes
- Former running mates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade shared in frustration Wednesday with their teams' plights.