Maggette to undergo knee surgery Thursday
LOS ANGELES -- Clippers swingman Corey Maggette was scheduled to undergo an arthroscopic procedure on his right knee Thursday.
The Clippers said Wednesday the operation will be done to alleviate the intermittent pain Maggette suffered in his knee during the season. Although bothersome, the condition did not cause Maggette to miss playing time.
Clippers team physician Dr. Tony Daly, assisted by Dr. Steven Shimoyama, was set to perform the surgery at the Center for Ambulatory Surgical Treatment in suburban Westwood.
Maggette averaged 16.9 points, 5.9 rebounds and 2.8 assists in 75 games this season.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.