Maggette to undergo knee surgery Thursday
LOS ANGELES -- Clippers swingman Corey Maggette was scheduled to undergo an arthroscopic procedure on his right knee Thursday.
The Clippers said Wednesday the operation will be done to alleviate the intermittent pain Maggette suffered in his knee during the season. Although bothersome, the condition did not cause Maggette to miss playing time.
Clippers team physician Dr. Tony Daly, assisted by Dr. Steven Shimoyama, was set to perform the surgery at the Center for Ambulatory Surgical Treatment in suburban Westwood.
Maggette averaged 16.9 points, 5.9 rebounds and 2.8 assists in 75 games this season.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Knicks lose Felton (hamstring) for 2-3 weeks
- Sources: Raptors working on Lowry to Knicks
- MJ's 'flu game' shoes shatter auction record
- Doc wins in return as Clippers top Celtics
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Los Angeles Clippers Primary Logo Red T-Shirt