Ex-NBA center Mokeski hired as Bobcats assistant
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Charlotte Bobcats coach Sam Vincent completed his staff Wednesday by hiring former NBA center Paul Mokeski as an assistant coach.
The 7-foot Mokeski played 12 seasons in the NBA, including a seven-year stint with the Milwaukee Bucks. He most recently served as a scout with the Dallas Mavericks and an assistant coach with Fort Worth of the NBA's developmental league.
Mokeski will join Lee Rose, Phil Ford and Jeff Capel on Vincent's bench. Vincent was hired to replace Bernie Bickerstaff last month.
Vincent said he chose the 50-year-old Mokeski to help groom Charlotte's front line, which includes center Primoz Brezec and power forward Emeka Okafor.
"We have a lot of confidence in his ability to make our big guys better," said Vincent, who worked with Mokeski coaching the Mavericks' summer league team.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron plays against Pacers despite ankle
- Knicks' Chandler will return, start vs. Bucks
- Sources: Lakers no longer shopping Gasol
- Harden expects to play despite ankle sprain
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Charlotte Bobcats Authentic Practice Navy Adjustable Hat