Ewing, Malone, Clifford, Beyer hired as Magic coaches
Brendan Malone, Steve Clifford and Bob Beyer also were hired as assistant coaches, the team said Tuesday.
Ewing played 15 seasons, mostly with the New York Knicks, and finished his career with Orlando in 2001-02.
"Brendan, Patrick, Steve and Bob bring a great deal of experience and knowledge to Orlando," Van Gundy said in a statement. "All four possess tremendous work ethic, have great attention to detail and will help our players reach their full potential."
Malone has coached in the league almost two decades, most recently as a scout for the Cleveland Cavaliers. He was a head coach in Toronto during the Raptors' first season.
Clifford was an assistant for the Houston Rockets. Beyer, a former Raptors assistant, coached at the University of Dayton.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.