Free agent Peterson meets with Jazz
"The way we played there, there were a lot of plays coming off screens. It's the same-style offense," he said of Utah.
Peterson traveled here to talk to Jazz management about joining the team. Owner Larry H. Miller has described him as one of the best players available this summer.
"I think they have a great team, and may be one piece away from a championship or making it to the [NBA] Finals," Peterson told the Deseret Morning News.
"From watching them in the playoffs, especially with the loss of Derek Fisher, they need a guy who can come in and play some defense and make 3-pointers," he said.
Utah is releasing Fisher so he can find medical care for a daughter who has cancer in her left eye.
Peterson, who turns 30 in August, averaged 8.9 points last season at Toronto.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Heat post season-high 122 in rout of Kings
- Kobe-less Lakers push past Love, Wolves
- D'Antoni: Lakers can make playoffs, need luck
- Pacers crush Rockets to snap 2-game slide
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Utah Jazz "Game On" Polycarbonate Hoop Set