Free-agent guard Atkins signs with Denver
Atkins, 5-foot-11 and 185 pounds, averaged 13.2 points and 4.6 assists last year with the Memphis Grizzlies, the second-highest averages of his eight-year career.
"Chucky will be a great addition to our team," Nuggets vice president for basketball operations Mark Warkentien said Monday. "He is a proven veteran who can really shoot the basketball."
Atkins, 5-foot-11 and 185 pounds, spent a season and a half in Memphis after stints with Orlando, Detroit, Boston, the Lakers and Washington.
The eight-year veteran has averaged 10.8 points, 3.7 assists and 1.8 rebounds in 599 games. His 3-point shooting percentage is .370, including .369 (180-488) in 161 appearances with the Grizzlies.
"I'm very excited to be a Nugget," Atkins said. "This is a great situation for me and I'm looking forward to winning a championship here in Denver."
Blake, who signed a free-agent deal with the Trail Blazers last week, averaged 8.3 points and 6.6 assists in 49 games with Denver last season.
This will be Blake's second stint with the Blazers. He played for the team in 2005-06, averaging 8.2 points and 4.5 assists. He still has an offseason home in the area.
Blake told the Rocky Mountain News he was returning to Portland because the Nuggets appeared on the verge of signing Atkins.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Heat post season-high 122 in rout of Kings
- Kobe-less Lakers push past Love, Wolves
- D'Antoni: Lakers can make playoffs, need luck
- Pacers crush Rockets to snap 2-game slide
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NBA Free Agency
The NBA's offseason is well underway. Check out our complete coverage of Free Agency 2007.
• 2007 player movement chart
• Complete free agent list
• Lakers re-sign Mihm
• Nuggets sign Atkins
• Nets agree with Magloire
• Milicic signs with Memphis
• Report: Bulls agree to deal with Smith
• Williams agrees to re-sign with Bucks
• Kings add Moore
• Blazers sign Blake
• Hornets sign MoPete
• Fisher rejoins Kobe in Lakers' backcourt
• Hill's heading to Phoenix
• Stack's sticking with Mavs
• Pistons re-sign Amir Johnson
• Bobcats re-sign Wallace
• Mavs re-sign George
• Billups, Pistons agree to multi-year deal
• Magic complete sign-and-trade for Lewis
• Carter re-signs with Nets
• Walton re-signs with Lakers
• Raps sign Kapono, Baston
• Ford: Managing the salary cap
• Hollinger: Grading early free-agent deals
• Hollinger: Magic make early noise
• Sheridan: Top 25 free agents
• Hollinger: Impact of summer of '08
- Spalding Denver Nuggets Team Logo Mini Basketball