Host China wins, D-League All-Star team falls in Stankovic Cup opener
An All-Star team from the NBA Development League lost its opener to Slovenia, 94-86, despite 25 points from Quemont Greer. Pooh Jeter added 15 points and Renaldo Major had 12 for the D-League Ambassadors, who trailed by 21 points in the third quarter.
Former NBA player Wang ZhiZhi scored 21 points for the Chinese, who are playing without Houston Rockets center Yao Ming in the six-team tournament featuring five national teams. The team with the best record wins the Stankovic Cup.
Venezuela is the United States' first opponent in the FIBA Americas tournament next month.
Also Saturday, Angola topped New Zealand 67-55. The D-League Ambassadors play New Zealand on Sunday.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- It's official: Celtics ship Rondo to Mavericks
- Durant exits loss to Warriors with ankle sprain
- Carmelo sits, has been advised to rest more
- Sources: Stephenson talks fizzle for Hornets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- KD Hurt In Loss To Warriors
- Durant hurts ankle