Boston starts to rebuild roster, signs House to one-year deal
The Boston Celtics began filling out their trade-depleted roster Wednesday a day after acquiring Kevin Garnett, agreeing to terms with journeyman guard Eddie House on a one-year, $1.5 million contract.
The Celtics will use a portion of their mid-level exception to sign House, a person involved in the talks told ESPN.com. Boston will still have $3.8 of its exception left.
House, a seven-year veteran who spent last season with the New Jersey Nets, will be joining his eighth NBA team. He is a career 38 percent 3-point shooter.
The Celtics also added former North Carolina guard Jackie Manuel, according to a report on the Boston Globe's Web site.
Manuel played with the Los Angeles Defenders of the NBA Developmental League last year. He averaged 9.5 points and 3.8 rebounds.
The signing of House and Manuel will bring the Celtics' roster up to 14 players, including unsigned second-round draft picks Gabe Pruitt and Glen Davis. Boston made a deal that included two draft picks and five players Tuesday to acquire Garnett from Minnesota. The Celtics surrendered Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair and Theo Ratliff in the deal.
Chris Sheridan covers the NBA for ESPN Insider. To e-mail Chris, click here.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Chandler: Scapegoat 'at times' with Knicks
- Wolves' Martin has surgery, out 6-8 weeks
- Cavs top Magic, end skid on James' big night
- After exit, Carmelo doubtful to face Mavs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Boston's Big Ticket
Kevin Garnett is joining Paul Pierce and Ray Allen in Boston as the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Boston Celtics have agreed to a deal.
News• Stein: KG inks extension worth $60M
• Ticket to ride: Deal is done
• Stein: Boston, Minnesota close in on deal
• Will Big Three play in charity game?
Analysis• Stein: Owning up to Minnesota's problems
• Simmons: McHale delivers for C's again
• Hollinger: Big three, but what else?
• Stein: How KG's kicker works
• Stein: KG's uni watch
• McKitish: Fantasy spin on KG in Boston
Podcast• Ray Allen: Complements needed for Big 3
• Bob Ryan: After Big 3, C's roster looks worst
• GameNight: Celtics CEO on Garnett, Allen
SportsNation• Vote: Good trade?
More• Trade Machine: Deal details
• NBA Local: KG edition
• Rumor Central: More trade buzz