Magic sign former Warrior Foyle
The 6-foot-10 Foyle was available after he and the Golden State Warriors agreed on a buyout earlier this month.
"Adonal [Foyle] is a solid shot blocker and post defender," Magic general manager Otis Smith said. "His presence helps fortify our frontcourt, while bringing us veteran leadership."
Foyle signed a six-year deal worth nearly $42 million in July 2004 and had spent his entire career with Golden State. But he rarely played last season in coach Don Nelson's guard-oriented lineups.
The 10-year veteran has appeared in 641 regular season games, averaging 4.4 points and five rebounds per game. He has a career average of 1.78 blocks per game and was the Warriors' all-time leader in rejections with 1,140.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Durant lauds LeBron's move, unsure of own
- Boeheim calls Rose 'most impressive' player
- Lakers greats hail 'right guy' Scott as coach
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Orlando Magic 14'' Neon Clock