McCoy, who played with Denver in preseason, signs with team
McCoy, 6-foot-10, 245 pounds, averaged eight points, 6.5 rebounds, four blocks and 3.5 assists in two games with the L.A. D-Fenders, the second of which was watched by Mark Warkentien, Nuggets vice president of basketball operations.
Earlier this week, the Nuggets released guard Mike Wilks to clear a roster spot for a big man with Nene (thumb) and Steven Hunter (knee) out for at least a month and starting power forward Kenyon Martin recovering from a bruised knee.
McCoy, 29, has played for five teams in seven NBA seasons and owns career averages of 4.7 points and 3.6 rebounds. He averaged 4.5 points and 5.5 rebounds in four preseason games with the Nuggets before being waived on Oct. 23.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Lopez has broken bone in foot, out for Nets
- Thunder tame Spurs, take home 9th in row
- Noah regretful but calls Perkins 'angry dude'
- Buzzworthy: Charlotte unveils Hornets logo
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Denver Nuggets Danilo Gallinari Replica Revolution 30 Yellow Basketball Jersey