James misses second straight game with sprained finger
The Celtics won, 80-70.
James was hurt in the second quarter Wednesday night in a loss to Detroit when Nazr Mohammed slapped at the ball as James began to shoot. Devin Brown started in his place against Boston, which improved its NBA-best record to 14-2.
James leads the NBA with 30.7 points per game. He's also averaging 7.6 rebounds and 8.1 assists.
In last Tuesday's 109-104 win over Boston in Cleveland, James had 38 points and 13 assists. He scored 11 points in overtime.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Melo: Knicks bringing in Phil a 'power move'
- Down 25, Pacers rally to beat Pistons in OT
- Sixers' 20th straight loss ties franchise mark
- Wizards' 4th-quarter rally stuns Nets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Miami Heat LeBron James Swingman Revolution 30 Black Basketball Jersey