Smith's court appearance for assault charge delayed
DENVER -- A court appearance for Denver Nuggets guard J.R. Smith on an assault charge was postponed Tuesday, and the Rocky Mountain News reported the delay was for negotiations on a possible plea agreement.
Vince DiCroce of the city attorney's office said he could not comment on the reasons. He said he did not know the new date for the hearing.
Smith was cited for assault, disturbing the peace and destroying private property stemming from an Oct. 13 incident at a Denver nightclub.
Smith served a three-game suspension at the beginning of the season for what the Nuggets described only as "conduct detrimental to the team."
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Melo: Knicks bringing in Phil a 'power move'
- Suns end Raptors' home winning streak at 4
- Woodson: Don't feel need to audition for job
- OKC to sit Westbrook in some back-to-backs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Tervis Denver Nuggets 16 oz Tumbler