Smith's court appearance for assault charge delayed
DENVER -- A court appearance for Denver Nuggets guard J.R. Smith on an assault charge was postponed Tuesday, and the Rocky Mountain News reported the delay was for negotiations on a possible plea agreement.
Vince DiCroce of the city attorney's office said he could not comment on the reasons. He said he did not know the new date for the hearing.
Smith was cited for assault, disturbing the peace and destroying private property stemming from an Oct. 13 incident at a Denver nightclub.
Smith served a three-game suspension at the beginning of the season for what the Nuggets described only as "conduct detrimental to the team."
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Love trade talks narrowed to Cavs
- Riley says Heat OK after LeBron's departure
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Stern praises Silver for handling of Sterling
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Denver Nuggets Ty Lawson #3 Game Time Gold T-Shirt