Bosh returns to Raptors after five-game absence
TORONTO -- Forward Chris Bosh will return to the Raptors' starting lineup Sunday against the Rockets after missing five games with a strained groin.
Bosh leads the Raptors with 18.8 points and 7.9 rebounds per game. He left in the second quarter of a Nov. 28 victory over Memphis. Toronto won two of the five games he missed, but has lost three of its past four.
Forward Andrea Bargnani (hyper-extended left knee) will not play Sunday, but Raptors coach Sam Mitchell said Bargnani could be ready to practice Monday. Bargnani, who injured his knee in a Dec. 1 loss at Washington, is averaging 11.9 points and 4.5 rebounds.
The Rockets will be without guard Rafer Alston (strained groin) on Sunday. The former Raptor is averaging 8.5 points and 4.8 assists, and had played every game so far this season. He was traded to Houston during the 2005-06 season.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe fires back at Brown's culture remarks
- Nets' Pierce, Garnett top former coach Rivers
- Aldridge, Blazers outduel Howard, Rockets
- LeBron, Durant early leaders in All-Star voting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Miami Heat Chris Bosh Replica Revolution 30 Red Basketball Jersey