Blazers' Aldridge could reportedly miss at least five games with foot injury
LaMarcus Aldridge, Portland's leading scorer and top rebounder, will be sidelined at least a week after an MRI showed the front court player was suffering from plantar fasciitis in his right foot, according to a published report.
"The doctors are telling us at least a week,'' coach Nate McMillan told The Oregonian on Monday night. "It could calm down sooner, or it could be longer. We just know if he continued playing on it, there was a risk.''Aldridge did not travel with the Trail Blazers to Utah for Tuesday's game against the Jazz, according to the paper, and he has been fitted with a walking boot. On the season, Aldridge is averaging 18.7 points and 7.7 rebounds per game. If he sits out one week, Aldridge would miss five total games.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron to go back to No. 23 for Cavs return
- Scott not wasting time: Lakers 'must play D'
- Noah: Bulls can defeat 'big obstacle' LeBron
- Love out for Team USA amid uncertain status
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Portland Trail Blazers LaMarcus Aldridge #12 Replica Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey