Marbury sits out game vs. Sonics, may not play this week
NEW YORK -- Stephon Marbury missed his second straight game Wednesday night when the Knicks hosted Seattle, and the point guard may not play again this week.
Marbury is still struggling following the Dec. 2 death of his father, Donald. Marbury played in the first two games following the funeral, but left the team last Sunday and hasn't returned.
The Knicks visit Chicago on Friday and return home to face New Jersey on Saturday, but coach Isiah Thomas said he talked to Marbury earlier Wednesday and doesn't expect him for either game.
"He sounds better, but I think he's still going to be out a couple of more games," Thomas said. "Just from a physical standpoint, conditioning-wise and everything else, I don't know if he'll be ready to play Friday or Saturday."
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Gasol, Griz overcome Spurs in 3OT thriller
- Sources: Celtics, Mavs talking Rondo trade
- Hawks send Cavaliers to 'embarrassing' loss
- Harden plays spoiler in overtime at Denver
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Starring Woes
- Former running mates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade shared in frustration Wednesday with their teams' plights.