Report: Cavs' Jones, Newble refused to play game's final minute
And Jones wasn't alone in his digression, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reported on Friday. Guard-forward Ira Newble also declined to enter the game at that point, saying he wasn't physically ready to play, the newspaper said.
"Regardless on how much time is on the clock, I'm going 100 percent every time I step on the court," Newble said, according to the Plain Dealer. "Not being loose enough, you could possibly pull something."
Cavs coach Mike Brown, speaking before Thursday's game against Dallas, said the issue was an internal matter and he wouldn't have any additional comment.
It wasn't known if Newble was fined, the Plain Dealer said. Of the 12 Cleveland players, Jones and Newble were the only ones not to log minutes in the Cavs' 96-82 victory over Miami.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron says he is going back to Cleveland
- Sources: Bosh agrees to max deal with Heat
- Reports: Gasol closing in on deal with Bulls
- Source: Love 'intrigued' by deal to Cavaliers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Sparo Cleveland Cavaliers Crusher Watch