Wizards' Butler sidelined with strained left hip flexor
Butler sat out Washington's 108-104 overtime victory at home against the Raptors on Tuesday, and afterward he also was ruled out of Wednesday's game between the same two teams.
He was hurt when he fell to the floor during an overtime loss against the Milwaukee Bucks on Sunday.
Andray Blatche started in Butler's place Tuesday and had 19 points and eight rebounds in only his second start of the season.
Butler is enjoying a career-best season, averaging highs of 21.9 points, 4.3 assists and 2.4 steals, along with seven rebounds. He also has made his last 70 free throw attempts, closing in on the NBA single-season record of 78 in a row set by Calvin Murphy in the 1980-81 season.
The Wizards are now 5-16 over the past two seasons when Butler misses a game.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Clippers roll by Nuggets for record 57th win
- Griffin, Redick won't travel for Clippers' finale
- Carmelo has small labrum tear in shoulder
- Adelman, Timberwolves facing crossroads
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Washington Wizards climalite adiselect Navy Polo