Four Cavs acquired through trade make debut against Grizzlies
CLEVELAND -- The new-look Cleveland Cavaliers hit the floor for the first time Sunday night in a 109-89 win over Memphis.
Cleveland, which was involved in a three-team, 11-player trade Thursday, started Ben Wallace at power forward and Delonte West at point guard alongside LeBron James, Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Devin Brown.
The other two players picked up in the deal, forward Joe Smith and guard Wally Szczerbiak, came off the bench late in the first quarter. All four players received loud ovations from the hometown crowd.
Wallace and Smith were acquired from Chicago, while West and Szczerbiak came from Seattle.
Coach Mike Brown said the starting lineup and his rotation could change at any time.
"We'll go game by game, quarter by quarter and minute by minute," he said. "There's a feeling out process I have to go through."
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe, Magic challenge Lakers' management
- Nets withstand Heat in another 1-point win
- Aldridge hurts back in fall; X-rays negative
- Griffin, Clips dump Warriors; streak hits 9
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Cleveland Cavaliers On-Court Shooter Burgundy Long Sleeve Shirt