76ers cut veteran guard Giricek after 12-game stay
Giricek barely played for the Sixers since he was acquired in the late December trade that sent Kyle Korver to the Utah Jazz. He averaged only 3.1 points and 9.2 minutes in 12 games. Overall, Giricek is averaging 3.9 points in 34 games.
Giricek needed to be waived by Saturday to be eligible for postseason play with another team.
The guard's exit from Utah was hastened by his clashes with Jazz coach Jerry Sloan. The two got into an argument on the bench during a Dec. 19 game that led to the player being benched. A week later, he was dealt for Korver.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Aldridge scores 43 as Blazers drop Rockets
- Mavs cruise past Spurs to even series 1-1
- Heat hold off pesky Bobcats for 2-0 lead
- Sources: Vogel 'coaching for job' with Pacers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Philadelphia 76ers Softee Basketball Three-Ball Set