Celtics activate Brown as Pollard goes down for season
BOSTON -- The Boston Celtics activated forward P.J. Brown before their 90-78 win over Detroit on Wednesday night, but center Scot Pollard said he is done for the season because of a torn tendon in his left ankle.
Brown, who was not in the NBA this season, was signed last week but had not suited up for Boston as he tried to return to playing shape. Pollard, signed as a free agent in the offseason, has averaged less than two points in 22 games.
Brown didn't get into the game on Wednesday, but the Celtics clinched a playoff berth.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Sources: Rockets can't make Asik deal now
- LeBron atop newest list of NBA jersey sales
- Duncan, Parker, Ginobili take seat for Spurs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Turner Licensing Boston Celtics 2014 Team Box Calendar