Wizards' Butler (hip), Cavs' Wallace (back) return to lineup
"We're happy, excited," coach Eddie Jordan said before tipoff against the Cleveland Cavaliers. "He's had two good practices, and we'll see how it goes."
Butler, who turned 28 Thursday, was originally diagnosed with a strained hip flexor, but an MRI discovered a small labral tear of the left hip joint. The injury also caused Butler to miss the All-Star game.
For the Cavaliers, Ben Wallace returned after missing Wednesday night's loss to New Jersey because of back spasms. LeBron James, who had a knee-on-knee collision with Vince Carter in Wednesday's game, also was in the lineup.
"They've been better," James said. "But I'm playing."
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron to go back to No. 23 for Cavs return
- Scott not wasting time: Lakers 'must play D'
- Noah: Bulls can defeat 'big obstacle' LeBron
- Love out for Team USA amid uncertain status
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Washington Wizards Navy Go-To Tee