Wizards' Butler (hip), Cavs' Wallace (back) return to lineup
"We're happy, excited," coach Eddie Jordan said before tipoff against the Cleveland Cavaliers. "He's had two good practices, and we'll see how it goes."
Butler, who turned 28 Thursday, was originally diagnosed with a strained hip flexor, but an MRI discovered a small labral tear of the left hip joint. The injury also caused Butler to miss the All-Star game.
For the Cavaliers, Ben Wallace returned after missing Wednesday night's loss to New Jersey because of back spasms. LeBron James, who had a knee-on-knee collision with Vince Carter in Wednesday's game, also was in the lineup.
"They've been better," James said. "But I'm playing."
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Phil signs on as Knicks president
- Nuggets hand Heat 5th loss in last 6 games
- 76ers drop 19th straight, on cusp of record
- Clips lean on defense to stretch streak to 10
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Washington Wizards climalite Practice Red T-Shirt